Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Quick History!

(Image courtesy of ktello.wordpress.com)


Alas! I thought I would share something interesting I found at ktello.wordpress.com concerning cream puffs. Enjoy!

"Did you know the real name for these delectable treats is Profiterole?
According to wikipedia “A profiterole or cream puff or Eddie (United States regionalism) is a popular choux pastry. Choux paste is baked into small round puffs that are served cold with a sweet filling and sometimes a topping. The usual fillings are whipped cream and pastry cream. The puffs may be left plain or cut to resemble swans or decorated with chocolate sauce, caramel, or a dusting of powdered sugar. This dessert is not to be confused with puff pastry.”
Clearly much more dignified than puff pastry.
Oh there is also a savory version of the cream puff that you can fill with… uh… meat puree? They are called Gougeres…tastes as good as it sounds I’m sure."

Isn't that interesting boys and girls!? Something new learned everyday.

15 comments:

  1. Kurina - they always do. Whether learning or not, they always do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GURL YO CREAM PUFFS MAKE ME GO BANANANZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew the difference between cream puff and puff pastry, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cream puffs are awesome and all, but I'm curious to see how many posts you can make on this topic alone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd have to go to the gym like twelve times to work this off my tummy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good thing I have my custom-made sandwiches here, because this would make me hungry as well :)

    show some support back at:
    http://wrestlinginteresting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You don't have to be a fan of wrestling to love the back stories :)

    ReplyDelete